2Printbeta proudly presents: A deluxe lm8uu upgrade kit.
After releasing the lm8uu linear bearing upgrade kit we thought about making an upgrade for the z-axis, too. Although this is not necessary, I looked for suitable upgrades.
One was the original prusa lm8uu upgrade but it was designed that artful it seemed to be not pourable with our casting technology. So I made a parametric version looking almost the same. I will add the models to thingiverse within the next days.
The openings for the zip ties are not hidden inside and the bridges are removed. This way it seemed to be pourable, so we tried to make a negative with silicone.
Before doing this, we first made a test print, if the parameters were choosen correct.
The bearing snaps into easy but is fitting tight. The zip ties seems to be optional.
Then we made the master part:
After printing the other part - the z-idler - we made molds and poured into polyurethane to test them:
The result is an almost perfect copy of the originals.
The lm8uu bearings snap into their places, in some cases you even don't need a zip tie to fix them.
This parts are the perfect addition to our lm8uu upgrade kit. We added the bearings, the modified x-carriage, the four y-clamps and the screws, nuts and bolts.
For understanding how to mount the x-carriage, take a look at this foto.
If you have problems with the M8 double nuts in the z-axis parts, I made a short foto-story about that in another post here on this blog.
The rest is self-explanatory.
Greetings from the lake of constance
update: The openSCAD and stl files can be found on thingiverse.